Oil Rig Accidents

Oil Rig Explotions

Oil Rig Injuries

ID, 'featured'); ?>

Company Profiles – Hess Corporation

In 2016, the Hess Corporation was placed #394 on the list of Fortune 500 companies. With headquarters in New York, Hess is involved in the exploration and production of oil and gas in several locations around the globe.

The company was founded in 1933 and bought its first ship, a 10,000-ton oil tanker in 1948. Hess built its first refinery in Port Reading, New Jersey in 1957. Today, the organization has main offices in Houston, Texas and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. It also has other offices in the United States, Africa, Asia, Australia and Europe.

Global Operations

Hess has developed valuable partnerships with leading companies in the industry for both onshore and offshore operations:

Onshore operations. Hess produces shale oil and gas from the Bakken and Three Forks formations in North Dakota. It also has an operating interest in the Utica Basin in Ohio, which produces natural gas and natural gas liquids.

Offshore operations. Hess has offshore operations in the Gulf of Mexico, the North Malay Basin between Malaysia and Thailand, West Africa and the North Sea off Denmark.

Hess is the sixth largest oil producer in the Gulf of Mexico. The company has a 25% working interest in the Stampede field, which is one of the largest oil fields in the Gulf that is still in the development stage. Production of the first oil from this field is due to come on line in the first half of 2018.

Hess holds a 57 percent working interest in the Tubular Bells field. Chevron holds the other 43%.

The company has a 50 percent working interest with Petronas Carigali in the North Malay Basin located between Thailand and Malaysia. This is a natural gas field.

Hess Corporation has been active in the North Sea off the Danish coast since 1999. Oil and gas are produced there from the South Arne field.

Exploration. Hess is involved in two offshore exploration projects in Guyana, South America. The first is in Stabroek Block, 120 miles off the Guyana coast where the company has a 30% interest. The first two wells drilled found high-quality oil-bearing sandstone. All indications are that this will be a world class oil field.

Their second project is in the Guyana-Suriname Basin. The development is in the survey stage, with a 3D seismic survey planned. Hess has a third working interest in this project.

Hess is a partner in a midstream company called Hess Midstream Partners LP. The main focus of their operations is the Bakken Shale Region in North Dakota, which is one of the best oil producing basins in the U.S. Hess Midstream is responsible for storing, transporting and marketing of the petroleum products from this oil field.

Accidents and Worker Injuries

There have been a few accidents involving the Hess Corporation over the years, including:

June 1995. A truck driver delivering fuel and gas to a Hess terminal in Newark, New Jersey slipped and fell in a puddle of diesel fuel while connecting a fuel hose to one of the truck’s compartments. He filed a lawsuit for injury and was awarded damages. However, the award was subsequently overturned on appeal by Hess.

May 2015. A train carrying railcars owned by Hess Corporation derailed near Heimdal, North Dakota. Ten of the cars caught fire, forcing the town to be evacuated. Fire crew eventually extinguished the blaze, and no one was injured.

Company Profiles – Hess Corporation
5 (100%) 1420 votes
Williams · Kherkher GET A FREE CONSULTATION 832-690-4053
100% Free Legal Consultation
832-690-4053 get a free consultation
WordPress Lightbox Plugin

100% FREE CONSULTATION

Get a free, confidential case evaluation from our Maritime Attorneys to determine if you have a claim.

Get A Free Consultation
GET HELP
X
Get Your Free Maritime Report